If you are looking forward to going ahead with backpacking, it is extremely important to take a best backpacking knife along with you. It has the ability to provide excellent assistance to you when you are dealing with difficult and unforeseen situations throughout the trail. In fact, the backpacking knife you purchase will be able to contribute a lot towards your survival as well.
A large number of backpacking knives are available in the market for you to consider. In order to make life easy, we thought of letting you know about 5 of the best backpacking knives available for purchase out there. You can go through these 5 products and invest your money to get hold of the best backpacking knife.
1. Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife
Swiss knives have been able to earn a solid reputation as the best backpacking knives available for you to consider. Therefore, you shouldn’t think twice before you go ahead and buy a Swiss knife. That’s where Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife will be able to help you.
This is a perfect example of a classic Swiss knife. You will be able to purchase it at an affordable price tag as well. The Swiss Knife comes along with sharp blades. Therefore, you will be able to use it for a variety of cutting jobs that you will come across. On the other hand, this Swiss knife has got a tiny sized design as well. You will even be able to carry this knife in your pocket.
This is one of the most versatile backpacking knives available. If you are taking this, you will be provided with the opportunity to keep away some other tools that you have to carry. You will be amazed by the overall versatility that this knife can deliver to you at the end of the day.
- You will be able to replace up to 15 different tools by carrying this backpacking knife along with you.
- This is a Swiss made product and the durability is guaranteed. You will be able to get a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer as well.
- You will be able to take this knife even in your pocket because of its compact design.
- You might have to use both your hands to unfold the knife.
2. Opinel Stainless Steel Folding Knife
If you are interested in purchasing a strong and a durable knife, Opinel Stainless Steel Folding Knife will be a good option available to consider. This knife comes along with a small modification, which has been done to the original knife, which was created back in the year 1890. You will notice that the knife has got a beech wood handle. Along with that, the blade is made out of Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel.
You will be able to purchase Opinel Stainless Steel Folding Knife along with a quality fabric cover as well. You can use this cover to take the knife along with you while you are traveling. Hence, you will be able to keep it safe and securely, without causing any damages to the other goods that you have on the backpacking pack.
- This is a modified version of one of the most popular backpacking knives that you could purchase from the market.
- The wood used for the construction of handle is harvested naturally. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about the negative impact created on the planet at the time of purchasing it.
- The blade of this knife is made out of modified stainless steel. It comes along with anti-corrosion properties.
- Since the handle of this knife is made out of wood, it is vulnerable to damages that are caused by water.
3. Spyderco Dragonfly Plain Edge Knife
Spyderco Dragonfly Plain Edge Knife is a perfect example for a lightweight knife that you can take along with you while backpacking. Therefore, we thought of adding it in the list of best backpacking knife as well. Regardless of the compact dimensions, you will be able to secure an excellent performance out of it due to the presence of a strong flat grounded blade. The handle of this knife is made with the help of reinforced fiberglass. You can discover a Boye dent and a lanyard hole in the blade of this knife as well.
You don’t need to worry too much about safety while you are taking this knife along with you. That’s because it comes along with a unique locking mechanism. This locking mechanism can help you to keep the blade in place while you are not using it.
- This is a compact backpacking knife. However, it offers a length of up to 3.3 inches when expanded.
- Since the handle of the knife is made out of fiberglass, you can receive additional durability when compared to wood.
- The backpacking knife comes along with a bi-directional textured pattern. This can deliver a better grip to you.
- This is relatively expensive when compared to other backpacking knives available in the market for purchase.
4. Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier
Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier can also be considered as an excellent multi-purpose knife that is available for you to purchase. Hence, we thought of adding it into the list as well. Gerber is a brand that has been able to maintain a strong reputation throughout the past for manufacturing high-quality products. You will be able to discover those quality standards in Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier as well.
You will also be impressed with the unique design that this backpacking knife can offer to you. On top of that, the knife is known for many different purposes that you can use it. Therefore, you will be able to stay away from the frustration of carrying lots of tools along with you. You will be able to replace all of them with the help of Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier.
People who purchase Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier will also notice that there is a lock release button, located in the case. You can easily slide this button in order to gain access to the structure. Along with that, you will be able to uncover the different tools available in the knife as well.
Even if a large number of tools are offered along with the knife, you will notice that it is lightweight and company. Hence, you will be able to take it easily along with you while moving forward with backpacking. The knife also comes with a nylon cover, which you can use to carry the knife safely.
- This knife is fully compatible with the add-on toolkit of Gerber. You can buy it and further enhance functionality delivered by the knife.
- You will be able to get up to 12 different tools with the help of this knife.
- You can discover a sleek and a compact design.
- The knife comes along with a carrying case.
- It might take some time for you to learn how the unfolding mechanism of this knife is working.
5. Off-Grid All-Day Nano Camping Flipper
One of the best things about Off-Grid All-Day Nano Camping Flipper is that people who purchase it will be able to get hold of a semi-serrated blade. It can deliver an efficient experience to you. Along with that, a textured handle is offered as well. This will help you to secure a better grip at the end of the day. This knife looks compact, but it offers a length of 6.4” when opened.
The manufacturer of Off-Grid All-Day Nano Camping Flipper has been able to provide an appropriate design to the knife, which enhances the level of safety offered by it. In fact, you will be able to discover a solid frame in the knife, which has got the ability to keep the blades firmly in place while using. You can use a single hand in order to flip open the blade as well. Hence, it can deliver a better experience to you than using a Swiss knife. You can quickly take out this knife from your pocket and start using it as well.
- Blades of this knife are made out of AUS8 steel and you can receive extra sharpness and extra strength out of it.
- Since this knife comes with a semi-serrated blade, you will be able to experience the functionality of plain blades as well as serrated blades.
- You will be able to find a unique safety mechanism in the knife, which can help you to refrain from accidents.
- The clip that comes with the knife can be used to attach it to the clothes with ease.
- The blade is strong and the size of the knife is compact. Hence, people who don’t have previous experience in handling such a knife should be extra careful.
How to purchase the best backpacking knife?
As you can see, different backpacking knives come along with different features. Therefore, you will find it as a difficult task to get your hands on the best backpacking knife that is available in the market as well. Pay attention towards these factors and compare them with your preferences. Then you will be able to get hold of the best backpacking knife that is available in the market to match with your needs.
- The sharpness of the blades
The very first thing you should consider at the time of buying the best backpacking knife will be the sharpness of the blade. If the blade is not sharp, you will not be able to get the desired functionality out of this knife at the end of the day. In here, you need to understand that sharpness of the blade is highly governed by the material used for the construction. Therefore, you need to do your own background research on different materials that are used for the construction of blades. Along with that, you can purchase the best backpacking knife available out there in the market as well.
The fishing of blade can also provide an excellent experience to you. Therefore, you should be mindful about it at the time of buying a backpacking knife.
After purchasing the backpacking knife, you are going to use it under extreme conditions. Hence, you need to make sure that the backpacking knife is durable enough to survive such extreme conditions along with time.
If you are purchasing the backpacking knife from a well-reputed manufacturer, you don’t need to worry about this too much. That’s because the manufacturer provides a guarantee for the durability of the product. Hence, you will be able to take the backpacking knife along with you while keeping the peace of mind.
In the meantime, you should also understand that the blades used for the manufacturing of backpacking knives comes along with a lifespan. If the lifespan is long, you will be able to use the backpacking knife for a longer period of time as well.
When you are taking a look at durability, you shouldn’t just be focusing on the blade. You should take a look at the other important elements of your knife such as the grip, handle and frame as well. They should also be durable.
- Ease of use and safety
You should not have to go through a lot of hassle to use the backpacking knife. You should be able to take it out from your pocket and backpack and use whenever you want. In the meantime, the backpacking knife should also promote safety. You should not be subjected to any accidents while you are traveling along with it.
Now you are aware of how to pick the best backpacking knife that is available in the market. Along with that, you are also aware of some of the best options available to go ahead with. Simply keep these things in your mind and invest your money to buy the best backpacking knife. Also here you can see our top kukri knife reviews and guide.