In the recent days, everyone desires to experience a long-lasting sleep after their hectic schedules. There is no doubt that a mattress plays a vital role in providing you with the best sleep and thereby has a major impact on the physical as well as mental health of a person. Therefore, investing in a right mattress is a major consideration these days as poor sleep has adverse effects on your mind and especially the back portion of your body.
Usually, people define mattresses as the major struggle while traveling, camping, and other such circumstances when they don’t have access to their regular bed sheets. This is because, apart from offering the comfortable support to your back, the regular mattresses maintains the overall health of your back and hence, avoid the unwanted chronic pain. So, an appropriate and well-chosen mattress can turn out to be the best possible solution, especially for the side-sleepers.
A perfect mattress enables your shoulders and hip bone to get submerged in the bed and thereby reduces the pressure points. so if you are looking out for the most suitable and appropriate mattress that can provide you with an amazing sleep then it’s worth mentioning “Memory foam and Air mattress”. Although both of these mattresses aim to provide maximum comfort to your back by relieving the pressure points, they are made up of diverse materials that give you different feels. So are you tired of searching the best quality mattresses in the local market? No need to worry now as I am presenting a comparison between Memory Foam Vs Air Mattress for back pain.
Comparison of Memory Foam Vs Air Mattresses
The Memory Foam Mattress
Do you want to eliminate the back pain caused due to the uncomfortable and poor mattresses? A memory foam mattress often known as a visco-elastic mattress is one of the best alternatives to the spring, latex, and other such bed sheets. Memory foam mattress features the Visco attributes which enable it to outline in response to the pressure and temperature. It also features elasticity as when the pressure is removed, it gets back to its initial shape. This body contouring trait also aids provide adequate support to your lower back and thus, leaves no stress on your muscles. Let’s move on and look at the pros and cons of the memory foam mattresses.
These beds are specially designed to provide relief against pressure by sinking your back in the mattress. If you are a person with unlimited motions i.e., you move a lot on the bed then memory mattress foam is the right choice for you as limiting the motion and keeping up your spine inline is the key feature of this bed sheet. You can easily get this mattress in either a local retail market or a reputable online store with a wide variety of options and affordable rates. Coming to the downside, since this mattress responds to the body heat and temperature, it is usually associated with hot sleep that can be frustrating for many users. Even though this bed sheet is not considered to be appropriate for the stomach sleepers, using the pillows designed exclusively for stomach sleepers will no more affect your sleep in it.
- The Memory foam mattresses are easily available at reasonable rates.
- It allows you to sink the entire back in the mattress and in that way, diminishes pressure.
- These bed sheets are highly durable and last for more than an average period of 7-10 years.
- It can be easily installed.
- Memory foam mattresses do not require a regular and expensive maintenance.
- Limits motion transfer to a great extent.
- It supports spinal cord alignment
- It can turn out to be a higher investment for selective brands.
- Though sagging is reduced in this bed sheets, it is possible to notice the same.
- Memory Foam mattress is not a self-adjusting bed sheet.
- It is not suitable for the people with limited range of movement such as the stomach sleepers.
- It is associated with hot sleep and strong chemical odor.
- Apart from the requirement of regular maintenance, these bed sheets do not support longevity.
Why choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Formerly connected with NASA, the memory foam mattresses are now easily available. This material won’t lose its original shape even after applying a lot of pressure. You can easily sink into the bed and release out your entire stress and pressure. Another major reason for why a memory foam mattress is a right choice for you is “you can experience various motions without the fear of falling down”. This way, the memory foam mattress can provide you with a long-lasting and the most comfortable sleep.
The Adjustable Air Mattress
Whether you desire to buy a bed for a permanent requirement and temporary purposes or to take a mattress for your camping tour, an air mattress perfectly fit in diverse scenarios. Though these beds are comparatively smaller in size than that of a spring or a latex bed sheet, it can provide you with enough comfort. Apart from that, the air mattresses are mainly known for its self-adjusting features i.e., Though the pressure relieving factor is not necessarily observed in various brands of this bed, its adjustable features can aid you to get rid of back pain, joint pain, and other such body issues.
The air mattresses come with a self-adjustable option i.e., just with a single press you can make the surface of the bed sheet firm by rapidly adding up the air in it that is further associated with contouring and pain relief features. At the same time, the users that prefer a soft mattress can press a button and deflate the air to soften the surface. The same option of making the surface firm and smooth is available in both the chambers of air mattress so that you can also create a diverse surface as per you and your partner’s preference. These mattresses are designed using PVC material and thereby are not associated with unusual chemical odor.
- They are self-adjustable i.e., you can either make it firm or soft.
- It has proven to be enough beneficial and reducing the back pain to a great extent.
- The air mattress is odor free.
- It features very little or no sagging
- It supports quick inflation and deflation.
- Easily available in the market with low price tags
- Suitable to be carried while traveling
- They can last for a long time if maintained properly.
- These bed sheets are often considered as ideal for all sleeping positions.
- It requires regular maintenance and the frequent replacement of the built-in-pump.
- It comes with a short warranty
- The pumps are noisy (however, it generates noise only when is either inflated or deflated)
- There are a very few purchase options available for this mattress plus the specific brands can turn out to be expensive.
- The installment and set up of the air mattress is a bit complicated.
- The possibility of Mole growth in the chambers is high.
Why choose Air Mattress?
With the operating remotes, you and your partner can enjoy different bed surfaces. Unlike memory foam mattress, these beds adjust the temperature and help you avoid the hot sleep. Due to its easily adjustable nature, the possibility of sagging is rare. However, the warranty of air mattress can be short but that only if you opt for a low-quality brand. So All in all, an adjustable air mattress can be a right fit for all the sleeping positions and can provide you with adequate comfort.
I would like to conclude this memory foam mattress vs air mattress for back pain with the fact that beds nowadays are designed considering diverse requirements of the users. For instance, Memory foam mattress is suitable for limiting motions whereas the later enables the adjusting option for both the chambers. Moreover, with the advancement in technologies today, both the above-listed bed sheets have handled various drawbacks. If you are searching out for the most suitable and the best mattress then list your requirements first as choosing a right mattress completely depends on the priorities of the users. So what are you waiting for? Get the top-most mattress and enjoy an amazing sleep. Best of luck!